How to Call Malaysia from India
The Asian country of Malaysia borders Indonesia, Thailand, and Singapore in Southeast Asia. If you are a resident of India, reaching friends, family, or colleagues in Malaysia can be easier than you think. By knowing the proper codes to direct your call and using free apps, and video chats, contacting residents in Malaysia is quick and easy.
Directing Your Call from India to Malaysia
Dial India’s exit code “00.” To make international calls from any country, you will need to have their specific exit code. For those making calls out of India, you must enter “00” before entering in any other numbers.
- Exit codes can also be referred to as International Direct Dialing or International Subscriber Dialing.
Dial Malaysia’s country code “60.” Each country has a unique country code that must be used anytime you are calling from another country. When trying to direct international calls to Malaysia, you must dial “60” directly following India’s exit code,“00.”
- Your call from India to Malaysia will start with “00-60.”
Enter the 1-2 digit area code if you’re calling a landline.Area codes are used to identify cities and regions within a country when receiving calls from other areas. To dial a landline, you must enter the 1-2 digit area code before dialing the local number you are trying to reach.
- For example, if you are calling a landline in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, you would begin your call by dialing “00-60-3.”
Dial “+” followed by the 2-4 digit mobile code if you’re calling a cell phone.Malaysia has many different mobile networks with mobile codes ranging from 2-4 digits. The “+” will be used when making a call from a cell phone to another mobile phone and should be entered before the mobile code.
- At this point, the number you’re dialing should look something like “00-60+34.”
- When calling a cell phone, the mobile code will replace the area code.
- Visit for a detailed list of Malaysian mobile carries and mobile area codes.
- Be aware that making an international call from your cell phone may result in additional charges from your carrier.
Enter the 7-8-digit local phone number.Cell phone numbers in Malaysia will consist of 9-10 digits including the mobile code. When calling a landline, the number will include the area code and will be 8-9 digits long.
- For example, if you are making a call to a landline in Kuantan, Malaysia, your final number would look something like “00-60-9-123-4567.”
- Calling a cell phone would look similar to “00-60+10-123-4567.”
Press the “call” button to make your call.After you have correctly entered in the exit code, country code, area or mobile code, and the local phone number, you are ready to make your call to Malaysia.
Using Apps to Make Calls
Try video chatting through free apps.Apps such as WhatsApp, Skype, and Viber will allow you to call internationally, free of charge. For these apps to work, the person you are calling must have the app downloaded and be connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- Depending on your location, Skype may charge you a small fee to make international calls.
Use social media to stay connected to your friends for free.Social media is a great option to stay up-to-date with your friends in other countries. Sites such as Facebook offer a messaging app that allows you to communicate internationally. Through these free apps you will be able to make calls, send messages, and video chat.
- The person you are connecting with must have an account for the same social media site.
Make voice calls to landlines through apps for a small fee.Google Hangouts and Skype are very useful if you need to make a voice call to a landline. Although these apps do charge a small fee to make international calls, it will still be more cost effective than calling internationally through your cell phone provider.
Video: Unlimited free credits and calls to India, Malaysia and other countries, Bangla
How to Check a Flight Status
6 Tips to Ease Stress While Waiting for a Heart Transplant
Gorgeous Celebrity Hairstyles for Round Faces
What To Buy at Zara For Spring 2019: All Our Favorite NewPieces
Clinique at Harrods Kiss It Better
Perfect steak marinade recipe from the oldest restaurant in America
Vanity Sizing: The Insanity of Size 0
15 Outrageous Headpieces From Philip Treacy’s FashionShow
How To Style The Comb Over Haircut
Queen Elizabeth Owns a McDonalds Outside Of London
Homemade Fat Free Chocolate Syrup
How to Be Beautiful if You Arent Allowed to Wear Makeup
Marriage Might Lengthen Life