How to Create a Craft Kit as a Gift
Crafting culture is growing in the western world. Craft blogs, craft magazines and do-it-yourself television channels instruct people on how to decorate or make their favorite items. If you know a friend who loves to cook or craft, then you can make a special gift for them by providing craft materials to help them get started. Gather all the materials from your collection or a local craft store and place them in a jar or box with a personalized label. This article will tell you how to create a craft kit as a gift.
Cookie Baking Craft Kit
Empty and clean a large glass jar.You can use a 32 oz. jam jar or a canning jar.
Combine 1 1/4 cups (124 g) of flour, 1/2 tsp.(2 g) baking soda and a 1/2 tsp. (2.5 g) salt well in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the bottom of the jar. You will layer the other ingredients.
Pack 1/2 cup (101 g) light brown sugar on top of the flour mixture with a dry paper towel.Try to make it as straight as possible so that the layers appear straight.
Add 1/3 cup (64 g) of granulated sugar and pack it in with a dry paper towel.Layer 1 cup (180 g) of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks on top of the sugar. Pack down with the paper towel.
Pack in 1/2 cup (60 g) of chopped pecans or walnuts.Make sure everything fits inside the jar. Cover it with a circle of fabric and tie the fabric on with a string.
Type the cooking instructions and attach it to the jar.
- Instruct them to cream 1 egg, 1 tsp. (5 ml) water, 2/3 cup (153 g) of softened butter and 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) vanilla extract. Add the contents of the jar to the creamed mixture. Drop tsp. of cookie mix onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (191 degrees Celsius) and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- This kit is ideal for someone who is short on time baking or who you would like to send cookies to but you live too far away. You can replace similar cookie recipes with the 1 shown here.
Sewing Craft Kit
Empty and clean a large glass jar, such as a large jam jar or a ketchup bottle.Go to the craft store keeping in mind the kind of sewing projects that your friend likes to do and the colors that he or she uses. Choose some of the following items to place in the sewing kit:
- 10 or more unique matching buttons.
- Paper flowers or crocheted flowers.
- Spools of attractive ribbons. Spools of colorful thread. Striped twine.
- Creative masking tape or stickers.
- Grid paper that can be cut into circles or shapes.
- Needles, a small pincushion and pins.
Wrap the spools of ribbon around wooden clothespins to help them fit into the glass jar better.Then consider the rest of the sewing kit and decide how to attractively fit all of the contents in the jar. Place the needles and pins near the bottom so that they do not hurt anyone during transportation.
Stick the pincushion on top and screw the top on the jar.If it does not fit, you can simply use the pincushion as the lid. If not, place a piece of fabric over the top and tie it on with striped twine.
Make a label that says something like "Kimberley's Sewing Kit," and glue it to the jar or tie it to the top.Your crafty friend will appreciate that these sometimes expensive items can now be part of her craft stash.
Bread-Making Craft Kit
Place a new pizza stone, a bread-making book, yeast and bread bags in a large plastic container for storing dough.These may need to be purchased online or at the local grocery store.
Close the lid on the plastic container and place a label, such as "Brenda's Bread-Making Kit." Place the container in a box and wrap it as a present.
Kids Craft Kit
Create a "make your own monster kit" for a kid.You will need to go to the art supply or craft store to gather supplies. Pick up glitter, masks, pipe cleaners, pom-poms, feathers, washable markers and peel and stick felt and glue.
- Make sure everything you choose is in bright colors, or in the child's favorite colors.
Gather everything in a plastic tub or hard plastic box.Make a document online that includes pictures of popular monsters, such as cookie monster, the Gruffalo, the monsters from "Where the Wild Things Are" and more. Write "Kelsey's Make your own Monster Kit" on the top.
Print the page and glue it to the front of the box with simple instructions.Include a monster-themed book, such as The Gruffalo, for an extra gift.
- You can also design a similar craft kit according to the child's favorite book. They can make their own crown if they like a princess book, or make their own animal if they like a farmyard book.
- Scrap booking kits are also a great craft gifting idea. If you know someone has just returned from a trip or an occasion and has a lot of pictures to scrapbook, surprise them with paper, stickers, cut-outs and more from a scrap booking store. Make sure to do it soon after the event takes place, or they may have already begun their project.
- It is important to give craft gifts to those you know will appreciate it, otherwise it may seem like extra work. Many people are too busy or do not desire to bake or craft in their spare time. Try to make the gift as personalized as possible.
Video: Craft Box Gift Set a Homemade Craft Kit
Quickies to keep your white clothes white
How to Use a Eurorail Pass
Tag: Kanekalon hair
How a young ovarian cancer survivor lives without fear
Warm Chicken and Cabbage Salad
Doppelgänger Alert: Cindy Crawford’s Daughter Lands First Solo Magazine Cover, Looks Just LikeMom
How to Make MarshmallowFilled Pillow Cookies
How to Love the Universe
A Healthy Winter Salad Recipe to Make Your Desk Lunches LessSad