How to Make a TNT Cannon in Minecraft
This wikiHow teaches you how to build a large cannon in Minecraft's Creative Mode. While it is technically possible to create a cannon in Survival, the amount of time and energy needed to select all of the resources makes doing so impractical. You can build the cannon outlined here in all versions of Minecraft, including on computer, mobile, and console versions.
Open the Creative menu.To do so:
- Computer- Press the key.
- Pocket Edition- Tap⋯
- Console Edition- Press theX(Xbox) orsquare(PlayStation) button.
Place the cannon's building materials in your inventory.Move the following items from the creative inventory to your equip bar:
- 16 blocks- These can be anything from wool to diamond, but iron or obsidian is preferred.
- 1 slab- This can be any material.
- 11 redstone
- 1 bucket of water
- 2 levers
- 5 TNT blocks
Place a seven-block-long row of blocks.Make sure that at least one end of this row is facing the direction in which you want to shoot.
Place a block on the left side of the last block.You should now have a seven-block-long row with a reverse "L" shape.
Place another seven-block-long row of blocks.This row should run parallel to the first row, starting on the left side of the last block you placed. Doing so will create a "U" shape that is seven blocks long and three blocks wide.
Place your last block on top of the front-left block.This block is the top-left block in the "U" shape.
Place the slab at the mouth of the "U".The slab should fit directly in between the front-left and front-right blocks.
Pour water into the back of the cannon.At the bottom of the "U" shape, place the water to form a channel from the back of the cannon all the way up to the slab. This is what will move your TNT forward when you place it later.
Place a switch on the back-left and back-right blocks.These switches will function as your cannon's triggers.
- Leave the middle block blank. You won't put anything here,especiallynot redstone.
Place a line of redstone from the left switch to the end of the left fork.The line of redstone should go all the way up to the last block, including the one you placed on top of the final block on the left side.
Place a line of redstone from the right switch up to the second-to-last block.The line of redstone must go all the way up to the block that comes before the block that's touching the slab.
- The redstone line should essentially extend the length of the water channel.
Place a TNT block on the slab.This will be your projectile.
Place up to four TNT blocks in a line behind the slab.These TNT blocks can go all the way back to the second-to-last block of water, but the source water block must remain.
Fire your cannon.When you're ready, flick the right switch, then immediately hit the left one. The front piece of TNT will drop onto the slab as the four TNT blocks move toward it; when the TNT blocks explode, the front one will be propelled forward.
- This TNT's height will vary depending on how quickly you hit the left switch. If you do very quickly, the TNT will fly straight. Delay it 2-3 seconds, and the TNT will fly much higher. If you wait too long, however, the first block of TNT will just fly upward and explode.
- Don't hit the left switch first, or your cannon may explode.
To make a cannon in Minecraft, start by equipping 16 blocks, 11 redstone, 5 TNT blocks, 2 levers, 1 slab, and 1 bucket of water. Then, make 2 parallel rows of blocks that are 7 blocks long and separated by 1 space. Next, connect the ends of the rows with a block and place your last block on the top-left block. Once you've placed all the blocks, place a slab at the open end of the rows and fill the closed-off space with water. Then, place your levers on the back 2 corners. Finally, line the rows with redstone and put a TNT on top of the slab.
- When reloading your cannon, be sure to flip the levers off. Otherwise, they will begin to explode immediately! You can switch the levers with buttons to prevent this from happening.
- The higher your cannon is, the better your range will be.
- Steel boxes are also good choices for cannons.
- You don't have to have your cannon sitting in the middle of nowhere. Try incorporating it into a building.
- Adding many layers of TNT filled dispensers will increase the range of your cannon. Just experiment with different kinds of mechanisms to achieve what you want in your cannon.
- Build your cannon far enough from your house, storage, and anything else you love in case it malfunctions and sends TNT flying all over.
- This is exceedingly difficult to build in Survival mode since you must kill Creepers in order to get the materials needed to craft TNT.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Deutsch: , Español: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Italiano: , Nederlands: , Português: , Русский: , 中文:
Video: How to Make a Rapid Fire TNT Cannon in Minecraft ( Machine Gun )
Six tips to find the perfect engagement ring if you’re on a budget
How to Control Chakra
BBC Children in Need launch designer Pudsey Bears collection 2012
Depression After Uterine Cancer Treatment
How to Make a Hanging Herb Garden for Your Kitchen
8Natural and Effective Ways toKick Smoking Out ofYour Life
Body Image: Why Do We Dislike Our Bodies
Students want scholars gowns banned at Oxford University
Kristen Stewart Chopped Her Hair Off and Joined the PixieClub
You Should Work Out With Your Dog: Here’s Why
Your 4-week Guaranteed Muscle Meal Plan
How to Screen Print at Home