How to Use wikiHow
Welcome to wikiHow! We're a worldwide collaboration of thousands of people focused on one goal: teaching anyone in the world how to do anything. If you have a how-to topic you want to learn about, using wikiHow can be as simple as searching for it and diving in to learn how the task is done.
Reading and Learning from wikiHow
Head to wikiHow whenever you need how-to help.We have both desktop and mobile sites, optimized for use whether you're at home or on the go. Just typewikihow.comin your URL bar or search forwikiHowin your favorite search engine. We also have an Android app and an iOS app.
- Our allows you to search for, read, and bookmark how-to topics. It also allows some basic editing, if you want to help make wikiHow better.
- Our allows you to browse and search for helpful how-tos, and bookmark them for offline reading when you need them.
Search for what you need in the search box.This is available on both the mobile site and apps, and on the desktop site. Type what you want to find, like "how to write a book" or "how to make friends."
- On desktop, the search box is at the top center of the page, with a green background and a white underline. Type where you see the wordsto do anything...and hitEnteror the magnifying glass to search.
- On the mobile site, tap the magnifying glass in the top right corner to open the search field.
- In our iOS app, you can find the search box at the top of the home page or in the main menu.
- In our Android app, you can tap the magnifying glass in the top right corner to open the search field.
Click on the link that best describes your question.Hopefully, it answers the question you had in mind! Read it all the way through for the details. Depending on the topic, you might even like to read it as you complete the task, step by step.
Ask any further questions you have.If you have more questions about the topic at hand, you can submit a question to the Q&A section on the article page. Hopefully, a knowledgeable reader or editor will come along with the answer soon.
- If you choose to leave your email address along with the question, you'll get an email when it's answered, too.
Leave feedback about the article.Did the how-to article help you? You can leave feedback by scrolling to the bottom of the page and voting on whether it helped you or not. After you vote, you'll be able to leave detailed feedback about your experience, too. Any feedback you leave can help improve the advice both on that page and others like it!
Browse through other topics you care about.Our category listing breaks down the how-tos we have by topic, so you can dig deeper into any one area if you'd like to. Got questions about childhood health, or maybe about cog training or using your iPhone? We've got you covered. If you can't find what you're looking for through search, browse through the relevant categories in the areas you need help with.
Contributing to wikiHow
Consider diving in and editing.Most people simply come to learn how to do things that they are not familiar with. However, some users choose to contribute to wikiHow by writing articles, sharing their advice, and fixing mistakes. If you'd like to make wikiHow a better experience for everyone, consider helping us out!
Make an account if you'd like to.When you make an account, you will have your own user page and talk page that you can design and customize to fit you.
- Be sure that you are either 13+ or your parents have filled out a wikiHow:COPPA Parental Permission Form, before you register.
Get to know the various editing options.There are lots of ways to help! How to Contribute to wikiHow has more information about all the ways you can lend a hand. You might like directly editing topics you know about, correcting any grammar/spelling errors, adding new helpful information, or reverting vandalism left by various vandals and pranksters.
- Many editing options are available on the wikiHow Community Dashboard. These tools vary in their purposes, and most are focused on one particular task, like spellchecking or categorizing articles. Some of the tools invite you to do deep edits and expansion on existing topics, and others offer easy ways to help by voting on whether a new potential change to a topic is helpful.
Don't let the fear of making a wrong edit prevent you from editing.Since this is a wiki, any mistakes you make can be undone by anyone who catches it. Nothing on a wiki is irreversible, and there are lots of other editors in the community willing to help if anything goes wrong.
Connect with other editors to learn as you go.Don't be put off if you get feedback from someone else, and don't hold back if you want to ask another editor a question or raise a concern with them. The wikiHow community embraces collaboration and friendly communication about how articles or edits could be improved. Be open to working with others and learning as you go, and you can't go wrong.
QuestionHow do I answer a question?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you have a wikiHow account, you can just click where it says "Answer" underneath a question and fill in your answer.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does "Community Tested" mean on technology articles?Top AnswererA wikiHow user has tested each step of the article and verified that it is doable. To find out when the article was tested, hover over the upper half (not the header) of the "About this wikiHow" section on the right side of the page.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I ask a question on wikiHow?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can ask a question how you just did, under any article. If you need to ask a question of the staff of wikiHow, you can visit for contact information.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I find good wikiHow articles?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSearch for things that are related to your interests. You can also search for things that might help you with school work or with your hobbies.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does "expert reviewed" mean?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt means that an expert on the topic (often a credentialed professional) has reviewed the article for accuracy. For example, doctors review medical articles.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I view my full profile?Community AnswerYou can view your profile by selecting “My User Page” on the upper right hand corner of your computer. This should enable you to view your profile. If not, try closing out wikiHow.com and visit the website (wikihow.com) again.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I write a wikiHow article?Community AnswerGo up to the top right of the page where it says "Help Us," hover over this, then select "Write an Article."Thanks!
QuestionDo I have to pay money to make an account?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. You just have to create an account or sign in with your Facebook/Google/Civic account. That's it.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I bookmark an article?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you're on a computer, go to your bookmarks bar and click 'Add Bookmark.' You may need to right-click on your address bar if the bookmarks bar is not already displayed. You could also use the bookmark tab at the top of your page (if you have one depending on the browser) to add a bookmark.Thanks!
How do you put images?
How do I see certain pictures on WikiHow?
- You have your own profile (user page) where you can change your picture, write a bit about yourself and do other things.
- Before contributing anything here, please be sure to read our tour page at least once or twice. It will give you the ins and the outs of using our site.
- Asking questions is completely allowed here. Most users (such as New Article Boosters and Administrators) can and will explain the ins and the outs of tools if you ask.
Video: How use WikiHow
Try This 30-Second Trick To Beat Your Next Craving
15 Steps to Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
Caviar says it expects its the iPhone X Tesla to be in the hands of the astronauts, pioneers, people who make great discoveries on the edge of human capabilities
The Skinny on Soy and High Cholesterol
20 Dip Dye Hair Ideas – Delight for All
Black Decker 19 0.9 cu.ft. Countertop Microwave EM925AME-P1
How to Shop Healthy on a Time Crunch
What Your Favorite Beauty Product Says AboutYou
Stick to Your Weight Loss Diet Wherever You Go
10 Things We Learned About the Business of Blogging From Chiara Ferragni’s HarvardStudy
Alexander McMeeking, MD
How 1 Woman Is Trying to Teach Guys to How Give Better Orgasms
How to Apply for a Drivers License in the UK
How to Be Successful in a Stressful Business Environment