Italian-Style Meat Loaf
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice meatloaf | Calories: 324 | Total Fat: 21 g | Saturated Fat: 9 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 122 mg | Sodium: 185 mg | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 20 g | SmartPoints: 11 |
- 3 slices of whole wheat sandwich bread
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices of cheese (Gruyere, Emmental, Swiss Cheese, or any other cheese)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine, optional chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, soak the bread in the milk then leave for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground poultry, parsley, onions, Parmesan, the bread soaked in milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix them very well with your hands until the mixture becomes compact.
- Divide the mixture in two to make two loaves if you don't have a big cast iron pan to cook them in. Spread the mixture on a piece of parchment paper or strong aluminum foil. At the center, layer the cheese.
- Roll to close with the help of the parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Over medium - high heat, prepare a large cast iron pan with extra virgin olive oil until hot then roll out the polpettone from the paper to the pan carefully. Brown all sides.
- Transfer the saucepan in the oven.
Video: Homemade Italian Meatloaf Recipe
19 Hottest Red Hair with Blonde Highlights
Taking the Stairs a Better Pick-Me-Up Than Coffee
You can Finally See The World Through Glitter Glasses in 2019
How to Judge a Debate
10 Hormones Responsible For Weight Gain In Women
How to See the Milky Way
How to Style a Hair Bow
25 Trendy Fall Wedding Shoes And Boots Ideas
How to Protect the Rights to Your Music
How to Overcome the Fear of Driving for the First Time
20 Feminine Cowl Neck Shirt Ideas
The Best Shoes for Cropped Pants