Sweet Potato Chips
Yields: 4 | Serving size: 10 chips | Calories: 58 | Total Fat: 3 gm | Saturated Fats: 0 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 18 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 gm | Dietary Fiber: 1 gm | Sugars: 1 gm | Protein: 1 gm | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 medium organic sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Since the peeling has a lot of nutritional benefits, it’s recommended to leave it on. Scrub the potatoes, remove blemishes and pat dry. Using a mandolin or knife, slice into 1/16” to 1/8” round pieces…depending on the thickness preferred.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sliced potatoes and oil, toss to coat.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick foil, place potato slices next to each other until the cookie sheet is filled. More than one cookie sheet may be needed, if so, place sheets on the middle and bottom racks, switch positions after the first 40 minutes. If using only one cookie sheet bake on the middle rack.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turn potatoes over and bake an additional 40 minutes. If the edges are crispy remove from oven, if not, bake an additional 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy around the edges. Sprinkle with curry powder or your favorite spices.
- NOTE: The potatoes shrink quite a lot; regardless the taste is pure delight and the nutrients are many.
- Allow potatoes to cool at room temperature. Chips will continue to get crispier as they cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Video: Delicious & Easy Bodybuilding Snack: Healthy Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Chips
How to Include Turmeric in Your Diet
How to Start a Letter to a Judge
7 Effective Ways to Improve Your Relationship’s EmotionalIQ
David Haye and Tony Bellew To Rematch —Who Will Win
30 Summer Outfits That Make Everyone Look 10 Pounds Thinner
9 Weird Reasons Your Gums Are Bleeding
Is Food Addiction Really an Addiction
Suicide Prevention Tool Now Available Worldwide on Facebook
Investing in Your 20s and 30s (Part 3)
Now check out which teams are still alive in the hunt for the college football playoff
This Is the Most Hated Wedding Cake Trend Right Now
How to Act Around Guys
Now consultants are worried they may never get their refunds